Sometimes, while working with data, we might have a problem in which we need to find maximum differene between available pairs in list. This can be application to many problems in mathematics domain. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed.
Method #1 : Using
max() + list comprehension
The combination of this functions can be used to perform this task. In this, we compute the absolute difference of all pairs and then return the max of it using
The original list : [(3, 5), (1, 7), (10, 3), (1, 2)] Maximum difference among pairs : 7
Method #2 : Using
max() + lambda
This is similar to above method. In this the task performed by list comprehension is solved using lambda function, providing the difference computation logic. Returns the max. difference pair.
The original list : [(3, 5), (1, 7), (10, 3), (1, 2)] Maximum difference among pairs : (10, 3)
- Python | Maximum of Product Pairs in Tuple List
- Python | Find all distinct pairs with difference equal to k
- Python program to find sum of absolute difference between all pairs in a list
- Python - Pairs with Sum equal to K in tuple list
- Python | Find Maximum difference pair
- Python | Difference Between List and Tuple
- Python - Get minimum difference in Tuple pair
- Python | Maximum element in tuple list
- Python - Get maximum of Nth column from tuple list
- Python - Maximum and Minimum K elements in Tuple
- Python - Maximum value in record list as tuple attribute
- Python | Sort tuple list on basis of difference of elements
- Find the size of a Tuple in Python
- Python | Find whether all tuple have same length
- Python | Find number of lists in a tuple
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.