Given a String (may contain both letters and digits), write a Python program to find the longest consecutive letter and digit substring.
Input : geeks123available Output : ('available', 123) Input : 98apple658pine Output : ('apple', 658)
Approach #1 : Brute force
This is the Naive or brute force approach to find the longest consecutive letter and digit substring. We take two string type variable longest_letter and longest_digit. We start a loop and check for consecutive substrings of letter and digit. In each iteration, we check if the current letter substring is longer than the longest letter or digit substring respectively. If yes, we assign the current substring of letter and digit to the longest letter and digit substring respectively. Otherwise, do nothing.
Approach #2 : Using Python regex
Python Regex is another method to solve the given problem. Find the substring sequence of digits and letters using Python regex and then find the longest substring length respectively.
- Python - Maximum Consecutive Substring Occurrence
- SequenceMatcher in Python for Longest Common Substring
- Python | Find the list elements starting with specific letter
- Python Map | Length of the Longest Consecutive 1's in Binary Representation of a given integer
- Python - Ways to print longest consecutive list without considering duplicates element
- Python regex to find sequences of one upper case letter followed by lower case letters
- Python | Find last occurrence of substring
- Python | Ways to find nth occurrence of substring in a string
- Python | Find k longest words in given list
- Python - Words with Particular Rear letter
- Python | Ways to check if given string contains only letter
- Python - Eliminate Capital Letter Starting words from String
- Python - Extracting Key from Value Substring
- Python | Add substring at specific index
- Python | Get the string after occurrence of given substring
- Python | All occurrences of substring in string
- Python | Frequency of substring in given string
- Python | Remove the given substring from end of string
- Python | Substring Key match in dictionary
- Python | Split by repeating substring
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.