Railway API is organized around GET Requests. One can use this API to get information for Indian Railways regarding Live Train Status, PNR Status, Train Schedule, Station Details, and other things.
To use this API, one must need the API key, which can get form here
Note: User need to create an account on railwayapi.com then only can use the APIs.
Modules Needed :
Live running status :
Below is the implementation :
train name : NEWDELHI JAN SHATABDI EXP source station : DEHRADUN destination station : NEW DELHI current status : Train has reached Destination and late by 15 minutes.
Live PNR status :
train name : DOON EXPRESS train number : 13009 from station : LUCKNOW to station : DEHRADUN boarding point : LUCKNOW reservation upto : DEHRADUN pnr number : 6515483790 date of journey : 01-07-2018 total no. of passengers: 1 chart prepared : False passenger number : 1 current status : RLWL/-/16/GN booking_status : RLWL/-/23/GN
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Get live train status using Python
- PyQt5 - Visibility status of Status Bar
- Get trains between stations using Python
- Plot Live Graphs using Python Dash and Plotly
- Corona Virus Live Updates for India - Using Python
- Get Live Weather Desktop Notifications Using Python
- Build a GUI Application to Get Live Stock Price using Python
- GUI Application for Live Cricket scoreboard Using Python
- Build an GUI Application to Get Live Air Quality Information Using Python.
- Application to get live USD/INR rate Using Python
- Live Webcam Drawing using OpenCV
- Background Subtraction in an Image using Concept of Running Average
- Get Flight Status using Python
- Python - Get list of running processes
- How to Terminate a running process on Windows in Python?
- Running Python program in the background
- Python PyQt5 – How to change font and size of Status Bar Message
- Computer Vision module application for finding a target in a live camera
- Python - Status object in Tweepy
- Python Tweepy – Getting the ID of a status
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.