Given a list of integers and a positive integer k, write a Python program to count all distinct pairs with difference equal to k.
Input : [1, 5, 3, 4, 2], k = 3 Output : [(5, 2), (4, 1)] Input : [8, 12, 16, 4, 0, 20], k = 4 Output : [(8, 4), (12, 8), (16, 12), (4, 0), (20, 16)]
Approach #1 : Python list comprehension
We will use list comprehension using two loops using ‘e1’ and ‘e2’ that will traverse given list. We check if e1-e2 == k or not and return the (e1, e2) tuple respectively. Finally, a list with required tuples will be returned.
[(5, 2), (4, 1)]
Approach #2 :
This is an efficient approach with respect to the above approach as it uses only O(n) space. We take an empty list to store the output. Then, we use a loop with iterator ‘e’ to traverse through given list. In every iteration, we check is e+k i.e the required pair integer for e is available or not. If yes, we append the tuple to ‘res’.
[(1, 4), (2, 5)]
Approach #3 :
The best approach is to use the inbuilt function from itertools module. combinations() produces an iterator over tuples of all combinations of n elements in inputs. We make the use of these combinations and output those having ‘k’ difference.
[(1, 4), (5, 2)]
- Python | Find Maximum difference between tuple pairs
- Python program to find sum of absolute difference between all pairs in a list
- Python | Minimum key equal pairs
- Python - Pairs with Sum equal to K in tuple list
- Python program to find all possible pairs with given sum
- Python | Find Symmetric Pairs in dictionary
- Python | Find Maximum difference pair
- Python Set difference to find lost element from a duplicated array
- Python program to find difference between current time and given time
- Python set operations (union, intersection, difference and symmetric difference)
- Python | Test if tuple is distinct
- Count distinct elements in an array in Python
- Print first n distinct permutations of string using itertools in Python
- Python | Minimum number of subsets with distinct elements using Counter
- Given two arrays, find n+m-1 unique sum pairs
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet