Given a list of integers and a positive integer k, write a Python program to count all distinct pairs with difference equal to k.
Input : [1, 5, 3, 4, 2], k = 3 Output : [(5, 2), (4, 1)] Input : [8, 12, 16, 4, 0, 20], k = 4 Output : [(8, 4), (12, 8), (16, 12), (4, 0), (20, 16)]
Approach #1 : Python list comprehension
We will use list comprehension using two loops using ‘e1’ and ‘e2’ that will traverse given list. We check if e1-e2 == k or not and return the (e1, e2) tuple respectively. Finally, a list with required tuples will be returned.
[(5, 2), (4, 1)]
Approach #2 :
This is an efficient approach with respect to the above approach as it uses only O(n) space. We take an empty list to store the output. Then, we use a loop with iterator ‘e’ to traverse through given list. In every iteration, we check is e+k i.e the required pair integer for e is available or not. If yes, we append the tuple to ‘res’.
[(1, 4), (2, 5)]
Approach #3 :
The best approach is to use the inbuilt function from itertools module. combinations() produces an iterator over tuples of all combinations of n elements in inputs. We make the use of these combinations and ouptut those having ‘k’ difference.
[(1, 4), (5, 2)]
- Python program to find sum of absolute difference between all pairs in a list
- Python program to find all possible pairs with given sum
- Python | Find Symmetric Pairs in dictionary
- Python | Find Maximum difference pair
- Python Set difference to find lost element from a duplicated array
- Python set operations (union, intersection, difference and symmetric difference)
- Count distinct elements in an array in Python
- Print first n distinct permutations of string using itertools in Python
- Python | Minimum number of subsets with distinct elements using Counter
- Program to print all distinct elements of a given integer array in Python | Ordered Dictionary
- Python | Get first N key:value pairs in given dictionary
- Given two arrays, find n+m-1 unique sum pairs
- Python | Unique pairs in list
- Python Set | Pairs of complete strings in two sets
- Python | Make pair from two list such that elements are not same in pairs
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.