Given a list of integers and a positive integer k, write a Python program to count all distinct pairs with difference equal to k.
Input : [1, 5, 3, 4, 2], k = 3 Output : [(5, 2), (4, 1)] Input : [8, 12, 16, 4, 0, 20], k = 4 Output : [(8, 4), (12, 8), (16, 12), (4, 0), (20, 16)]
Approach #1 : Python list comprehension
We will use list comprehension using two loops using ‘e1’ and ‘e2’ that will traverse given list. We check if e1-e2 == k or not and return the (e1, e2) tuple respectively. Finally, a list with required tuples will be returned.
[(5, 2), (4, 1)]
Approach #2 :
This is an efficient approach with respect to the above approach as it uses only O(n) space. We take an empty list to store the output. Then, we use a loop with iterator ‘e’ to traverse through given list. In every iteration, we check is e+k i.e the required pair integer for e is available or not. If yes, we append the tuple to ‘res’.
[(1, 4), (2, 5)]
Approach #3 :
The best approach is to use the inbuilt function from itertools module. combinations() produces an iterator over tuples of all combinations of n elements in inputs. We make the use of these combinations and output those having ‘k’ difference.
[(1, 4), (5, 2)]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python program to find sum of absolute difference between all pairs in a list
- Python program to find all possible pairs with given sum
- Python | Minimum key equal pairs
- Python - Pairs with Sum equal to K in tuple list
- Python - Construct Sum pairs equal to K
- Python | Find Maximum difference between tuple pairs
- Program to print all distinct elements of a given integer array in Python | Ordered Dictionary
- Python - Multiply all cross list element pairs
- Python - All possible pairs in List
- Find the number of operations required to make all array elements Equal
- Python | Find Symmetric Pairs in dictionary
- Python - Remove the row if all elements equal to N
- Python | Minimum number of subsets with distinct elements using Counter
- Print first n distinct permutations of string using itertools in Python
- Count distinct elements in an array in Python
- Python | Test if tuple is distinct
- Python - Distinct Flatten dictionaries
- Python - Check whether the given List forms Contiguous Distinct Sub-Array or Not
- Python MongoDB - distinct()
- Python - Distinct Positive Integers Sum to K
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet