List and Tuple in Python are the class of data structure. The list is dynamic, whereas tuple has static characteristics.
List are just like the arrays, declared in other languages. Lists need not be homogeneous always which makes it a most powerful tool in Python. In Python, the list is a type of container in Data Structures, which is used to store multiple data at the same time. Lists are a useful tool for preserving a sequence of data and further iterating over it.
list_data = ['an', 'example', 'of', 'a', 'list']
Tuple is also a sequence data type that can contain elements of different data types, but these are immutable in nature. In other words, a tuple is a collection of Python objects separated by commas. The tuple is faster than the list because of static in nature.
tuple_data = ('this', 'is', 'an', 'example', 'of', 'tuple')
Difference Between List and Tuple in Python:
|1||Lists are mutable||Tuple are immutable|
|2||Implication of iterations is Time-consuming||Implication of iterations is comparatively Faster|
|3||The list is better for performing operations, such as insertion and deletion.||Tuple data type is appropriate for accessing the elements|
|4||Lists consume more memory||Tuple consume less memory as compared to the list|
|5||Lists have several built-in methods||Tuple does no have must built-in methods.|
|6||The unexpected changes and errors are more likely to occur||In tuple, it is hard to take place.|
- Difference between List VS Set VS Tuple in Python
- Python | Sort tuple list on basis of difference of elements
- Python | Sort tuple list by Nth element of tuple
- Python - Flatten tuple of List to tuple
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Convert mixed data types tuple list to string list
- Python | Pair and combine nested list to tuple list
- Python | Merge list of tuple into list by joining the strings
- Python | Convert list to indexed tuple list
- Python | Convert List of Dictionary to Tuple list
- Python | Convert Integral list to tuple list
- Python - Convert Tuple value list to List of tuples
- Python | Mean of tuple list
- Python | Add tuple to front of list
- Python - Kth Index Tuple List Mean
- Python List VS Array VS Tuple
- Python | Column Mean in tuple list
- Python - Minimum in tuple list value
- Python - Check if tuple list has all K
- Python - Tuple key detection from value list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.