List and Tuple in Python are the class of data structure. The list is dynamic, whereas tuple has static characteristics.
List are just like the arrays, declared in other languages. Lists need not be homogeneous always which makes it a most powerful tool in Python. In Python, the list is a type of container in Data Structures, which is used to store multiple data at the same time. Lists are a useful tool for preserving a sequence of data and further iterating over it.
list_data = ['an', 'example', 'of', 'a', 'list']
Tuple is also a sequence data type that can contain elements of different data types, but these are immutable in nature. In other words, a tuple is a collection of Python objects separated by commas. The tuple is faster than the list because of static in nature.
tuple_data = ('this', 'is', 'an', 'example', 'of', 'tuple')
Difference Between List and Tuple in Python:
|1||Lists are mutable||Tuple are immutable|
|2||Implication of iterations is Time-consuming||Implication of iterations is comparatively Faster|
|3||The list is better for performing operations, such as insertion and deletion.||Tuple data type is appropriate for accessing the elements|
|4||Lists consume more memory||Tuple consume less memory as compared to the list|
|5||Lists have several built-in methods||Tuple does no have must built-in methods.|
|6||The unexpected changes and errors are more likely to occur||In tuple, it is hard to take place.|
- Python | Sort tuple list on basis of difference of elements
- Python | Sort tuple list by Nth element of tuple
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Pair and combine nested list to tuple list
- Python | Merge list of tuple into list by joining the strings
- Python | Convert list to indexed tuple list
- Python | Convert Integral list to tuple list
- Python | Mean of tuple list
- Python | Find Maximum difference between tuple pairs
- Python | Convert a list into a tuple
- Python | Add tuple to front of list
- Python | Grouped summation of tuple list
- Python | Convert a list into tuple of lists
- Python | Summation of list as tuple attribute
- Python | Reverse each tuple in a list of tuples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.