Given three arrays sorted in non-decreasing order, print all common elements in these arrays.
Input: ar1 = [1, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80] ar2 = [6, 7, 20, 80, 100] ar3 = [3, 4, 15, 20, 30, 70, 80, 120] Output: [80, 20] Input: ar1 = [1, 5, 5] ar2 = [3, 4, 5, 5, 10] ar3 = [5, 5, 10, 20] Output: [5, 5]
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Find common elements in three sorted arrays link. We can solve this problem quickly in python using intersection of dictionaries. Approach is simple,
- First convert all three lists into dictionaries having elements as keys and their frequencies as value, using Counter() method.
- Now perform intersection operation for three dictionaries, this will result us dictionary having common elements among three array list with their frequencies.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Dictionary initialization with common dictionary
- Python program to find common elements in three lists using sets
- Python counter and dictionary intersection example (Make a string using deletion and rearrangement)
- Intersection of two arrays in Python ( Lambda expression and filter function )
- Python - Common list elements and dictionary values
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- intersection_update() in Python to find common elements in n arrays
- Python | Combine two dictionary adding values for common keys
- Python | Initialize dictionary with common value
- Python - Common items Dictionary Value List
- Python - Common keys in list and dictionary
- heapq in Python to print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- Python | Convert flattened dictionary into nested dictionary
- Python | Convert nested dictionary into flattened dictionary
- Python | Convert string dictionary to dictionary
- Python | Pretty Print a dictionary with dictionary value
- Regular Dictionary vs Ordered Dictionary in Python
- Python - Update dictionary with other dictionary
- Python - Filter dictionary values in heterogenous dictionary
- Python - Convert Dictionary Value list to Dictionary List
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.