OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision) is a computer vision library that contains various functions to perform operations on Images or videos. OpenCV library can be used to perform multiple operations on videos.
Let’s see how to detect the corner in the image.
cv2.goodFeaturesToTrack() method finds N strongest corners in the image by Shi-Tomasi method. Note that the image should be a grayscale image. Specify the number of corners you want to find and the quality level (which is a value between 0-1). It denotes the minimum quality of corner below which everyone is rejected. Then provide the minimum Euclidean distance between corners detected.
cv2.goodFeaturesToTrack(image, maxCorners, qualityLevel, minDistance[, corners[, mask[, blockSize[, useHarrisDetector[, k]]]]])
Image before corner detection:
Image after corner detection –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Python | Detect Polygons in an Image using OpenCV
- Detect Cat Faces in Real-Time using Python-OpenCV
- Detect the RGB color from a webcam using Python - OpenCV
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Detect an object with OpenCV-Python
- Transition from OpenCV 2 to OpenCV 3.x
- Image resizing using Seam carving using OpenCV in Python
- OpenCV Python Program to analyze an image using Histogram
- Reading an image in OpenCV using Python
- Image Pyramid using OpenCV | Python
- Negative transformation of an image using Python and OpenCV
- Python | Image blurring using OpenCV
- Image Resizing using OpenCV | Python
- Find Circles and Ellipses in an Image using OpenCV | Python
- Image Translation using OpenCV | Python
- Image Registration using OpenCV | Python
- Image Steganography using OpenCV in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.