Denoising of an image refers to the process of reconstruction of a signal from noisy images. Denoising is done to remove unwanted noise from image to analyze it in better form. It refers to one of the major pre-processing steps. There are four functions in opencv which is used for denoising of different images.
Syntax: cv2.fastNlMeansDenoisingColored( P1, P2, float P3, float P4, int P5, int P6)
P1 – Source Image Array
P2 – Destination Image Array
P3 – Size in pixels of the template patch that is used to compute weights.
P4 – Size in pixels of the window that is used to compute a weighted average for the given pixel.
P5 – Parameter regulating filter strength for luminance component.
P6 – Same as above but for color components // Not used in a grayscale image.
Below is the implementation:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-2 (Bitwise Operations on Binary Images)
- OpenCV C++ Program to create a single colored blank image
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Erosion and Dilation of images using OpenCV in python
- Addition and Blending of images using OpenCV in Python
- Python | Grayscaling of Images using OpenCV
- Python - Process images of a video using OpenCV
- Drawing with Mouse on Images using Python-OpenCV
- Measure similarity between images using Python-OpenCV
- Concatenate images using OpenCV in Python
- Stitching input images (panorama) using OpenCV with C++
- Draw geometric shapes on images using OpenCV
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-1 (Addition and Subtraction)
- Java Program to Blur Images using OpenCV
- Python OpenCV - Depth map from Stereo Images
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Transition from OpenCV 2 to OpenCV 3.x
- Draw Colored Solid Cube using Turtle in Python
- Colored Flower by circles using Turtle in Python
- How to draw 2-layered and colored spider web in Python using Turtle Module?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.