Given a list containing Positive and Negative integers, We have to find number of times the sign(Positive or Negative) changes in the list.
Input: [-1, 2, 3, -4, 5, -6, 7, 8, -9, 10, -11, 12] Output:9 Explanation : Sign change from -1 to 2, ans = 1 Sign change from 3 to -4, ans = 2 Sign change from -4 to 5, ans = 3 Sign change from 5 to -6, ans = 4 Sign change from -6 to 7, ans = 5 Sign change from 8 to -9, ans = 6 Sign change from -9 to 10, ans = 7 Sign change from 10 to -11 ans = 8 Sign change from -11 to 12, ans = 9 Input: [-1, 2, 3, -4, 5, -11, 12] Output:5 Explanation : Sign change from -1 to 2, ans = 1 Sign change from 3 to -4, ans = 2 Sign change from -4 to 5, ans = 3 Sign change from 5 to -11, ans = 4 Sign change from -11 to 12, ans = 5
Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task is performed.
Method #1: Using Iteration
Using Iteration to find number of time sign changes in the list.
Method #2: Using Itertools and groupby
This is yet another way to perform this particular task using itertools.
Method #3: Using Zip
The most concise and readable way to find number of time sign changes in the list is using zip.
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Python – The new generation Language
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Increment and Decrement Operators in Python
- str() vs repr() in Python
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Class or Static Variables in Python
- trunc() in Python
- Division Operators in Python
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 1
- When to use yield instead of return in Python?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.