Given two strings, find if we can make first string from second by deleting some characters from second and rearranging remaining characters.
Input : s1 = ABHISHEKsinGH : s2 = gfhfBHkooIHnfndSHEKsiAnG Output : Possible Input : s1 = Hello : s2 = dnaKfhelddf Output : Not Possible Input : s1 = GeeksforGeeks : s2 = rteksfoGrdsskGeggehes Output : Possible
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Make a string from another by deletion and rearrangement of characters link. We will this problem quickly in python. Approach is very simple,
- Convert both string into dictionary using Counter(iterable) method, each dictionary contains characters within string as Key and their frequencies as Value.
- Now take intersection of two dictionaries and compare resultant output with dictionary of first string, if both are equal that means it is possible to convert string otherwise not.
- Make a string from another by deletion and rearrangement of characters
- Python dictionary, set and counter to check if frequencies can become same
- Dictionary and counter in Python to find winner of election
- Python | Find common elements in three sorted arrays by dictionary intersection
- Using Counter() in Python to find minimum character removal to make two strings anagram
- Python | Convert string dictionary to dictionary
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python Counter| Find all duplicate characters in string
- Python | Intersection of two String
- Python | Converting list string to dictionary
- Python program to create a dictionary from a string
- Python | Converting String content to dictionary
- Python | Convert dictionary object into string
- Python | Convert byteString key:value pair of dictionary to String
- Python Dictionary to find mirror characters in a string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.