Given two strings, find if we can make first string from second by deleting some characters from second and rearranging remaining characters.
Input : s1 = ABHISHEKsinGH : s2 = gfhfBHkooIHnfndSHEKsiAnG Output : Possible Input : s1 = Hello : s2 = dnaKfhelddf Output : Not Possible Input : s1 = GeeksforGeeks : s2 = rteksfoGrdsskGeggehes Output : Possible
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Make a string from another by deletion and rearrangement of characters link. We will this problem quickly in python. Approach is very simple,
- Convert both string into dictionary using Counter(iterable) method, each dictionary contains characters within string as Key and their frequencies as Value.
- Now take intersection of two dictionaries and compare resultant output with dictionary of first string, if both are equal that means it is possible to convert string otherwise not.
- Make a string from another by deletion and rearrangement of characters
- Python dictionary, set and counter to check if frequencies can become same
- Dictionary and counter in Python to find winner of election
- Python | Find common elements in three sorted arrays by dictionary intersection
- Using Counter() in Python to find minimum character removal to make two strings anagram
- Python | Case Counter in String
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Convert string dictionary to dictionary
- Python Counter| Find all duplicate characters in string
- Python | Intersection of two String
- Python | Converting list string to dictionary
- Python program to create a dictionary from a string
- Python | Converting String content to dictionary
- Python | Convert dictionary object into string
- Python - Concatenate Dictionary string values
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai