In Python, dictionary is a collection which is unordered, changeable and indexed. Dictionaries are written with curly brackets, and they have keys and values. It is used to hash a particular key.
A dictionary has multiple
key:value pairs. There can be multiple pairs where value corresponding to a key is a list. To check that the value is a list or not we use the
isinstance() method which is inbuilt in Python.
isinstance() method takes two parameters:
object - object to be checked classinfo - class, type, or tuple of classes and types
It return a boolean whether the object is an instance of the given class or not.
Let’s discuss different methods to count number of items in a dictionary value that is a list.
Method #1 Using
Method #2: Using list comprehension
Method #3: Using
Method #4: Using
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Common items Dictionary Value List
- Python - Convert Dictionary Value list to Dictionary List
- Python - Remove K value items from dictionary nesting
- Python - Dictionary items in value range
- Python - Assign list items to Dictionary
- Python - Extract dictionary items with List elements
- Python - Group Similar items to Dictionary Values List
- Python | Pretty Print a dictionary with dictionary value
- Python - Replace dictionary value from other dictionary
- Python - Combine two dictionaries having key of the first dictionary and value of the second dictionary
- Dictionary Methods in Python | Set 1 (cmp(), len(), items()...)
- Python program to find the sum of all items in a dictionary
- Python | Delete items from dictionary while iterating
- Python | Get items in sorted order from given dictionary
- Python | Get first K items in dictionary
- Python | Type conversion of dictionary items
- Python | Sort the items alphabetically from given dictionary
- Python - Frequency of unequal items in Dictionary
- Python - All possible items combination dictionary
- Python - Sorted order Dictionary items pairing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shubham_singh