In Python, dictionary is a collection which is unordered, changeable and indexed. Dictionaries are written with curly brackets, and they have keys and values. It is used to hash a particular key.
A dictionary has multiple
key:value pairs. There can be multiple pairs where value corresponding to a key is a list. To check that the value is a list or not we use the
isinstance() method which is inbuilt in Python.
isinstance() method takes two parameters:
object - object to be checked classinfo - class, type, or tuple of classes and types
It return a boolean whether the object is an instance of the given class or not.
Let’s discuss different methods to count number of items in a dictionary value that is a list.
Method #1 Using
Method #2: Using list comprehension
Method #3: Using
Method #4: Using
- Dictionary Methods in Python | Set 1 (cmp(), len(), items()...)
- Python Dictionary | items() method
- Python | Delete items from dictionary while iterating
- Python program to find the sum of all items in a dictionary
- Python | Insert the string at the beginning of all items in a list
- Python | Convert an array to an ordinary list with the same items
- Python | Removing dictionary from list of dictionaries
- Counting the frequencies in a list using dictionary in Python
- Print anagrams together in Python using List and Dictionary
- Python | Convert a list of Tuples into Dictionary
- Python | Split dictionary of lists to list of dictionaries
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python list function | count()
- How to prevent line breaks in the list of items using CSS?
- Python program to count Even and Odd numbers in a List
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.