In Python, dictionary is a collection which is unordered, changeable and indexed. Dictionaries are written with curly brackets, and they have keys and values. It is used to hash a particular key.
A dictionary has multiple
key:value pairs. There can be multiple pairs where value corresponding to a key is a list. To check that the value is a list or not we use the
isinstance() method which is inbuilt in Python.
isinstance() method takes two parameters:
object - object to be checked classinfo - class, type, or tuple of classes and types
It return a boolean whether the object is an instance of the given class or not.
Let’s discuss different methods to count number of items in a dictionary value that is a list.
Method #1 Using
Method #2: Using list comprehension
Method #3: Using
Method #4: Using
- Python - Common items Dictionary Value List
- Python - Assign list items to Dictionary
- Python - Extract dictionary items with List elements
- Python | Get first K items in dictionary
- Dictionary Methods in Python | Set 1 (cmp(), len(), items()...)
- Python - All possible items combination dictionary
- Python Dictionary | items() method
- Python - Frequency of unequal items in Dictionary
- Python | Sort the items alphabetically from given dictionary
- Python | Delete items from dictionary while iterating
- Python - Convert dictionary items to values
- Python | Type conversion of dictionary items
- Python program to find the sum of all items in a dictionary
- Python | Get items in sorted order from given dictionary
- Python - Sorted order Dictionary items pairing
- Python - Convert Dictionary Value list to Dictionary List
- Python - Get sum of last K list items using slice
- PyQt5 - Count the number of items in ComboBox
- Python - Retain list elements value items
- Python | Associating a single value with all list items
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shubham_singh