The task is to convert a nested list into a single list in python i.e no matter how many levels of nesting is there in python list, all the nested has to be removed in order to convert it to a single containing all the values of all the lists inside the outermost brackets but without any brackets inside.
Input : l = [1, 2, [3, 4, [5, 6] ], 7, 8, [9,  ] ]
Output : l = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
Input : l = [[[‘item1’, ‘item2’]], [[‘item3’, ‘item4’]]]
Output : l = [‘item1’, ‘item2’, ‘itm3, ‘item4”]
We use recursion because the levels of nesting cannot be predetermined.
The original list: [1, 2, [3, 4, [5, 6]], 7, 8, [9, ]] The list after removing nesting: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Python - Convert Flat dictionaries to Nested dictionary
- Python - Convert key-values list to flat dictionary
- Python | Check if a nested list is a subset of another nested list
- Python | Convert given list into nested list
- numpy.ndarray.flat() in Python
- Python | Convert list of nested dictionary into Pandas dataframe
- PyQt5 QCommandLinkButton - Setting Flat property
- PyQt5 QCommandLinkButton - Getting Flat property
- Python | Convert flattened dictionary into nested dictionary
- Python | Convert nested dictionary into flattened dictionary
- Python | Convert nested sublist into tuples
- Python | Convert string List to Nested Character List
- Python | Split nested list into two lists
- Python - Convert Dictionaries List to Order Key Nested dictionaries
- Python - Convert Lists to Nested Dictionary
- Python - Convert String to Nested Dictionaries
- Python - Convert Nested Tuple to Custom Key Dictionary
- Python - Convert Nested dictionary to Mapped Tuple
- Convert Python Nested Lists to Multidimensional NumPy Arrays
- Convert nested Python dictionary to object
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.