Sometimes, we might have a problem in which we require to get the maximum product of 2 numbers from list but with a constraint of having the numbers in successions. This type of problem can occur while competitive programming. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this problem can be solved.
Method #1 : Using
max() + zip() + list comprehension
This problem can be solved using the combination of above three function in which max function can be used to get the maximum value, zip and list comprehension doing the task of extending the logic to the whole list.
The original string : 2312231223124565128998 The maximum consecutive product is : 81
Method #2 : Using
max() + map() + operator.mul
The above problem can also be solved using yet another combination of functions. In this combination, map functions performs the task of extending the logic to whole list and mul operator is used to perform the multiplication.
The original string : 6543452345456987653234 The maximum consecutive product is : 72
- Python - Maximum element in consecutive subsets
- Python | Consecutive chunks Product
- Python - Product of consecutive pairs in list
- Python | Consecutive Custom Chunked elements Product
- Python | Consecutive element swapping in String
- Python - Consecutive Triple element pairing
- Python | Consecutive Maximum Occurrence in list
- Python | Consecutive Character Maximum difference
- Python - Maximum of Consecutive Pair in integer list
- Python - Index match element Product
- Python - Row with Maximum Product
- Python - Pair with Maximum product
- Python - Maximum product using K elements
- Python | Maximum of Product Pairs in Tuple List
- Python - Maximum element till K value
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.