Given a string that has set of words and spaces, write a program to move all spaces to front of string, by traversing the string only once.
Input : str = "geeks for geeks" Output : ste = " geeksforgeeks" Input : str = "move these spaces to beginning" Output : str = " movethesespacestobeginning" There were four space characters in input, all of them should be shifted in front.
This problem has existing solution, please refer Move spaces to front of string in single traversal link.
We will solve this problem quickly in Python using List Comprehension.
- Traverse input string and create a string without any space character using list comprehension.
- Now to know how many space characters were there in original string just take a difference of length of original string and new string.
- Now create another string and append space characters at the beginning.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Move spaces to front of string in single traversal
- Move To Front Data Transform Algorithm
- Inverting the Move to Front Transform
- String containing first letter of every word in a given string with spaces
- Python | Remove spaces from a string
- Python | String Split including spaces
- Python | Remove unwanted spaces from string
- Python | Check for spaces in string
- Python - Ways to remove multiple empty spaces from string List
- Python | Test if String contains Alphabets and Spaces
- Python - Avoid Spaces in string length
- Python - Strip front and rear Punctuations from given String
- Remove spaces from a given string
- Remove extra spaces from a string
- Removing spaces from a string using Stringstream
- C++ Program to remove spaces from a string
- URLify a given string (Replace spaces is %20)
- How to remove all white spaces from a String in Java?
- C program to trim leading white spaces from String
- Minimum cost to remove the spaces between characters of a String by rearranging the characters