Given a list of numbers, write a Python program to check if the list contains consecutive integers.
Input : [2, 3, 1, 4, 5] Output : True Input : [1, 2, 3, 5, 6] Output : False
Let’s discuss the few ways we can do this task.
Approach #1 : using
This approach uses
sorted() function of Python. We compare the sorted list with list of range of minimum and maximum integer of the list and return it.
Approach #2 : Using
Numpy module provides a function
diff() that calculate the n-th discrete difference along the given axis. We find the iterative difference of the sorted list and check if it is equal to 1.
- Python | N consecutive Odd or Even Numbers
- Python | Consecutive Maximum Occurrence in list
- Python - Consecutive K elements join in List
- Python | Consecutive elements pairing in list
- Python - Product of consecutive pairs in list
- Python | Consecutive elements grouping in list
- Python - Multiply Consecutive elements in list
- Python | Remove consecutive duplicates from list
- Python | Identical Consecutive Grouping in list
- Python | Consecutive remaining elements in list
- Python | Group consecutive list elements with tolerance
- Python - Maximum of Consecutive Pair in integer list
- Python | Concatenate N consecutive elements in String list
- Python | Average of each n-length consecutive segment in a list
- Python | Consecutive duplicates all elements deletion in list
- Python | Pair the consecutive character strings in a list
- Python | Check if there are K consecutive 1's in a binary number
- Python - Ways to print longest consecutive list without considering duplicates element
- Python | Check if a list exists in given list of lists
- Python - Check List elements from Dictionary List