Given a list, write a Python program to check if all the elements in given list are same.
Input: ['Geeks', 'Geeks', 'Geeks', 'Geeks', ] Output: Yes Input: ['Geeks', 'Is', 'all', 'Same', ] Output: No
There are various ways we can do this task. Let’s see different ways we can check if all elements in a List are same.
Method #1: Comparing each element.
But In Python, we can do the same task in much interesting ways.
Method #2: Using all() method
Method #3: Using count() method
Method #4: Using set data structure
Since we know there cannot be duplicate elements in a set, we can use this property to check whether all the elements are same or not.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Replace elements in second list with index of same element in first list
- Python | Split strings in list with same prefix in all elements
- Python - Test if all elements in list are of same type
- Python - Check List elements from Dictionary List
- Python program to check whether the values of a dictionary are in same order as in a list
- Python | Make pair from two list such that elements are not same in pairs
- Python | Group elements at same indices in a multi-list
- Python - Check if elements index are equal for list elements
- Python | Check if list contains all unique elements
- Python | Check if all elements in a list are identical
- Python | Check if all elements in list follow a condition
- Python | Ways to check string contain all same characters
- Python - Filter tuple with all same elements
- Python | Convert list of string to list of list
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
- Python | Convert List of String List to String List
- Python | Check if a nested list is a subset of another nested list
- Python | Check if a list exists in given list of lists
- Python | Check if a list is contained in another list
- Python | Maximum sum of elements of list in a list of lists
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.