Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, Linux and Windows, etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this article we will learn how to change the background color of button in kivy in .kv file.
background_color: There is a property name background color which is used to change the the color of the button in kivy python. The background-color kivy property sets the background color of an element. The background-color property is specified as a single color value.
Syntax: background_color: 1, 0, 0, 1
Note: By default the color of button is black and it only takes the value between 0 to 1
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Widget 4) import Button 5) Set minimum version(optional) 6) Create widget class 7) create App class 8) create .kv file (name same as the app class): 1) Create Widget 2) Create Button 3) set the background color of the button as you want 4) Specify requirements 9) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 10) Run an instance of the class
Code to implement the above Approach to color the button using kv file.
Btn.kv file implementation of main.py file
- Python - Change kivy button size and position using kv file
- Change button Color in Kivy
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy using .kv file
- Change the size and position of button in Kivy
- Disable kivy button using .kv file
- Add image button using .kv file in kivy
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy (using .kv file)
- Circular (Oval like) button using canvas in kivy (using .kv file)
- PyQt5 – Change color of Push Button
- PyQt5 - Change color of Radio button for unchecked state
- PyQt5 – Change color of Radio button for checked state
- PyQt5 – Change color of Radio button for unchecked state when hover
- PyQt5 – Change color of pressed Radio button for checked state
- PyQt5 – Change color of pressed Radio button for unchecked state
- PyQt5 – Change color of Radio button for checked state when hover
- Python | Button Action in Kivy
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy
- Animated Floating Action Button in kivy - Python
- Floating Action type button in kivy - Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.