Given a positive number n, count total bit in it.
Input : 13 Output : 4 Binary representation of 13 is 1001 Input : 183 Output : 8 Input : 4096 Output : 13
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Count total bits in a number link. We can solve this problem quickly in Python using bin() function. Convert number into it’s binary using bin() function and remove starting two characters ‘0b’ of output binary string because bin function appends ‘0b’ as prefix in output string. Now print length of binary string that will be the count of bits in binary representation of input number.
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Count words in a given string
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Python – The new generation Language
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Increment and Decrement Operators in Python
- str() vs repr() in Python
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Class or Static Variables in Python
- trunc() in Python
- Division Operators in Python
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.