The task is to write a program to find all the classes for a given Website URL. In Beautiful Soup there is no in-built method to find all classes.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
Methods #1: Finding the class in a given HTML document.
- Create an HTML doc.
- Import module.
- Parse the content into BeautifulSoup.
- Iterate the data by class name.
<p class="body">geeksforgeeks a computer science portal for geeks </p>
Methods #2: Below is the program to find all class in a URL.
- Import module
- Make requests instance and pass into URL
- Pass the requests into a Beautifulsoup() function
- Then we will iterate all tags and fetch class name
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course