Sometimes, we wish to manipulate a string in such a way in which we might need to add additional K at the end of string in case of filling the missing bits or any other specific requirement. The solution to this kind of problems is always handy and is good if one has knowledge of it. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be solved.
Method #1 : Using
This task can be performed using the simple inbuilt string function of ljust in which we just need to pass N times required and the element to right pad, in this case being K.
The original string : GFG The string after adding trailing K : GFGMMMMM
Method #2 : Using
String formatting using the format function can be used to perform this task easily, we just mention the number of elements total, element needed to pad, and direction of padding, in this case right.
The original string : GFG The string after adding trailing K : GFG00000
- numpy.append() in Python
- Python append to a file
- Python | Append Odd element twice
- append() and extend() in Python
- Python program to read character by character from a file
- Python | Append String to list
- Python| Pandas dataframe.append()
- Python | Pandas Series.append()
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.append()
- Append to JSON file using Python
- Python | Pandas Index.append()
- Python | Append multiple lists at once
- Python | Insert character after every character pair
- Python | Append at front and remove from rear
- Python | Perform append at beginning of list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.