Twitter is a popular social network where users share messages called tweets. Twitter allows us to mine the data of any user using Twitter API or Tweepy. The data will be tweets extracted from the user. The first thing to do is get the consumer key, consumer secret, access key and access secret from twitter developer available easily for each user. These keys will help the API for authentication.
user_timeline() method of the
API class in Tweepy module is used to get the 20 most recent statuses posted from the authenticating user or the user specified.
Syntax : API.user_timeline(parameters)
- id : specifies the ID or the screen name of the user.
- user_id : specifies the ID of the user, useful to differentiate accounts when a valid user ID is also a valid screen name.
- screen_name : specifies the screen name of the user, useful to differentiate accounts when a valid screen name is also a user ID.
- since_ids : Fetch only the statuses newer than the specified ID.
- max_ids : Fetch only the statuses older than or equal to the specified ID.
- count : The number of statuses to be fetched, the default value is 20.
Returns : a list of objects of the class Status
Example 1 :
20 number of statuses have been fetched.
Example 2: Using the
user_timeline() method with the count parameter to fetch only a specified number of statuses.
Hola Geeks! . Tell us what did you learned during this lockdown? . #MondayMotivation #mondaythoughts #codinglife… https://t.co/1mVLOKdaIL @ZomatoIN Avoid Errors, not Client calls #sundayvibes #programmingmemes Avoid errors, not client calls . Geeks, Keep this going... . #sundayvibes #programming #programmingmemes #coding https://t.co/JkA5iStofZ
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course