Twitter is a popular social network where users share messages called tweets. Twitter allows us to mine the data of any user using Twitter API or Tweepy. The data will be tweets extracted from the user. The first thing to do is get the consumer key, consumer secret, access key and access secret from twitter developer available easily for each user. These keys will help the API for authentication.
API.media_upload() method of the
API class in Tweepy module is used to update the authenticated user’s current status with a media or in simple words, tweeting.
Syntax : API.media_upload(parameters)
- filename : The name of the file to be uploaded.
- status : The text of the tweet / status update.
- in_reply_to_status_id : The ID of the tweet that the new tweet is being replied to.
- attachment_url : This provides a URL as a tweet attachment.
- media_ids : A list of media_ids to be associated with the tweet.
- possibly_sensitive : Set it to True if the tweet might contain sensitive data.
- lat : The latitude of the tweet.
- long : The longitude of the tweet.
- place_id : The name of the place of the tweet.
- display_coordinates : Set this value to True if the exact coordinates of the tweet have to be displayed.
- file : A file object, it is accessed when the file name is not given.
Returns : an object of the class Status
Example 1 :Posting a tweet with the following file :
Example 2 :Using the
media_upload() method with in_reply_to_status_id parameter to reply to the previous tweet with the following media :
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course