Twitter is a popular social network where users share messages called tweets. Twitter allows us to mine the data of any user using Twitter API or Tweepy. The data will be tweets extracted from the user. The first thing to do is get the consumer key, consumer secret, access key and access secret from twitter developer available easily for each user. These keys will help the API for authentication.
API.get_status() method of the
API class in Tweepy module is used to fetch a status / tweet.
Syntax : API.get_status(parameters)
- id : The id of the status.
- trim_user : A boolean indicating if user IDs should be provided, instead of complete user objects. The defaults value is False.
Returns : an object of the class Status
Example 1 : Consider the following tweet:
The text of the tweet is : This is a tweet.
Example 2 : Consider the following tweet :
Obtaining the screen name, the number of replies and the number of retweets for the above tweet.
The text of the status is : Apart from coding, what GEEKS are doing in quarantine? Reply us... #Quarantine #QuarantineLife #coding #programming The status was posted by : geeksforgeeks The status has been liked 25 number of times. The status has been retweeted 3 number of times.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - API.create_friendship() in Tweepy
- Python - API.get_user() in Tweepy
- Python - API.me() in Tweepy
- Python - API.lookup_users() in Tweepy
- Python - API.home_timeline() in Tweepy
- Python - API.statuses_lookup() in Tweepy
- Python - API.user_timeline() in Tweepy
- Python - API.retweets_of_me() in Tweepy
- Python - API.mentions_timeline() in Tweepy
- Python | API.update_status() in Tweepy
- Python - API.update_status() in Tweepy
- Python - API.search_users() in Tweepy
- Python - API.followers() in Tweepy
- Python - API.friends() in Tweepy
- Python - API.media_upload() in Tweepy
- Python - API.retweet() in Tweepy
- Python - API.unretweet() in Tweepy
- Python - API.retweets() in Tweepy
- Python - API.destroy_status() in Tweepy
- Python - API.destroy_friendship() in Tweepy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.