Install the python in windows.
Step1: Firstly open internet browser like chrome or firefox etc
Step2: In the search tab type this link “python”
Step3: Look for the downloads link in that website ,click on it to download the latest version of the python
Step4: After it gets downloaded we can install by clicking the executable file
In the setup process click install now and add the path
How to run a python code using command prompt
Step1: After the successful installation;
open the notepad –> copy the source code and paste it –>save the file in .py extension
Step2: after saving the file, open the command prompt and change the directory where the file is saved by
then type python leave a space and enter the name of the file .py and click enter
Even though this type of running file using the command prompt is good it takes a lot of time to compile the code. There comes a solution to avoid this problem that is called jupyter notebook
Alternative way to install python using command prompt.
Before installing the latest python we can check python version by typing following command
if python is already installed.
if the python is not installed then follow the instruction below
step1: In command prompt just type the following command ——>
pip3 install python
this will install the latest version of python if our system is connected to the internet
upgrade pip by typing following command python -m pip install –upgrade pip
if you are using older version by running command prompt in administrative mode
pip3 install python
python will get installed
How to install jupyter notebook in windows using command prompt
for easy using of code of python we should install jupyter notebook
this can be done by typing the following command ————-> pip3 install jupyter
This will install the jupyter notebook
after the required packages are installed successfully, type the following command to open the jupyter notebook
that’s all your localhost gets activated in the internet browser and your kernel is ready to start with writing the program
- Learning Model Building in Scikit-learn : A Python Machine Learning Library
- Classifying data using Support Vector Machines(SVMs) in Python
- Introduction To Machine Learning using Python
- Tokenize text using NLTK in python
- Removing stop words with NLTK in Python
- How to get synonyms/antonyms from NLTK WordNet in Python?
- Convert Text to Speech in Python
- Python | Classify Handwritten Digits with Tensorflow
- Phyllotaxis pattern in Python | A unit of Algorithmic Botany
- Data Preprocessing for Machine learning in Python
- Decision tree implementation using Python
- Plotting graph using Seaborn | Python
- Analysis of test data using K-Means Clustering in Python
- R vs Python in Datascience
- Python | Named Entity Recognition (NER) using spaCy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.