Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
Label widget –
The Label widget is for rendering text. It supports ascii and unicode strings. Label is the text which we want to add on our window, give to the buttons and so on. On labels, we can apply the styling also i.e increase text, size, color and more.
Let’s see how to add Label to a Kivy window.
How to add a label ?
1) import kivy 2) import kivy App 3) import label 4) set minimum version (optional) 5) Extend the App class 6) overwrite the build function 7) Add and return label 8) Run the instance of class
Below is the code:
How to do Styling in label ?
How to markup the text ?
You can change the style of the text using Text Markup. The syntax is similar to above syntax but some more things are there.
More markup tags we can use –
[b][/b]-> Activate bold text
[i][/i]-> Activate italic text
[u][/u]-> Underlined text
[s][/s]-> Strikethrough text
[font=][/font]-> Change the font
[size=][/size]]-> Change the font size
[color=#][/color]-> Change the text color
[ref=][/ref]-> Add an interactive zone. The reference + bounding box inside the reference will be available in Label.refs
[anchor=]-> Put an anchor in the text. You can get the position of your anchor within the text with Label.anchors
[sub][/sub]-> Display the text at a subscript position relative to the text before it.
[sup][/sup]-> Display the text at a superscript position relative to the text before it.
- Python | Window size Adjustment in Kivy
- Python | Make a simple window using kivy
- Python| AnchorLayout in Kivy
- GridLayouts in Kivy | Python
- Python | Canvas in kivy
- Python | Animation in Kivy
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- ML | Label Encoding of datasets in Python
- Python | Spinner widget in kivy
- Python | Animation in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | How to use Multiple kv files in kivy
- Python | Working with buttons in Kivy
- Python | BoxLayout widget in Kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.