Sometimes, while working with Python list, we can have a problem in which we need to add elements in list alternatively i.e at even positions and reorder the list accordingly. This has a potential application in many domains such as day-day programming and competitive programming. Let’s discuss certain way in which this problem can be solved.
Method : Using
join() + list()
This method can be used to solve this problem in one line. In this, we just join all the elements alternatively with target element and then convert back to list using
The original list is : ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f'] List after alternate addition : ['a', '#', 'b', '#', 'c', '#', 'd', '#', 'e', '#', 'f']
- Python - Alternate Minimum element in list
- Python | Alternate element summation in list
- Python | Maximize alternate element List
- Python | Increasing alternate element pattern in list
- Python | Shift last element to first position in list
- Python | Maximum and minimum element's position in a list
- Python | List Initialization with alternate 0s and 1s
- Python | Alternate Cycling in list
- Python - Repeat Alternate Elements in list
- Python | Alternate range slicing in list
- Python | Multiplying Alternate elements in List
- Python | List consisting of all the alternate elements
- Python | Alternate Sort in String list
- Python | Sort alternate numeric and alphabet list
- Python | Selective Merge list every Nth position
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.