Sometimes, while working with data, we can have a problem in which we need to find accumulative summation of each index in tuples. This problem can have application in web development and competitive programming domain. Let’s discuss certain way in which this problem can be solved.
Method : Using
accumulate() + sum() + lambda + map() + tuple() + zip()
The combination of above functions can be used to solve this task. In this, we pair the elements using
zip(), the then we perform the sum of them and we extend this to all elements using
map(). The taking forward of sum is done by using accumulate. The binding of all logic is done by lambda function.
The original list : [(3, 4, 5), (4, 5, 7), (1, 4, 10)] Accumulative index summation of tuple list : [(3, 4, 5), (7, 9, 12), (8, 13, 22)]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Summation of list as tuple attribute
- Python | Grouped summation of tuple list
- Python | Summation of Kth Column of Tuple List
- Python - Summation of tuple dictionary values
- Python - Tuple to Dictionary Summation conversion
- Python - Absolute Tuple Summation
- Python - Custom Tuple Key Summation in Dictionary
- Python - Cross tuple summation grouping
- Python - Tuple Matrix Columns Summation
- Python - Skew Nested Tuple Summation
- Python - Dual Tuple Alternate summation
- Python - Index Value Summation List
- Python | Sort tuple list by Nth element of tuple
- Python - Flatten tuple of List to tuple
- Python - Convert Tuple Matrix to Tuple List
- Python | Custom Index Range Summation
- Python - Row Summation of Like Index Product
- Python - Find Product of Index Value and find the Summation
- Python | Replace tuple according to Nth tuple element
- Python - Raise elements of tuple as power to another tuple
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.