Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
The Accordion widget is a form of menu where the options are stacked either vertically or horizontally and the item in focus (when touched) opens up to display its content.
It can contain many item instances, each of which should contain one root content widget. You will end up like a tree.
The current implementation divides the AccordionItem into two parts:
- One container for the title bar(made from kv templet)
- One container for the content
You can increase the default size of the title bar:
root = Accordion(min_space=60)
Or change the orientation to vertical:
root = Accordion(orientation=’vertical’)
The AccordionItem is more configurable and you can set your own title background when the item is collapsed or opened:
item = AccordionItem(background_normal=’image_when_collapsed.png’,
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Accordian, AccordianItem 4) import Label 5) Create App class 6) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 7) Run an instance of the class
Implementation of the Approach:
- Python | Accordion in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Animation in Kivy
- Python | Canvas in kivy
- Python | Scatter in kivy
- Python | Bubble in kivy
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- GridLayouts in Kivy | Python
- Python | RecycleView in Kivy
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy
- Python| AnchorLayout in Kivy
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy
- Python | Working with buttons in Kivy
- Python | TextInput in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Float Layout in Kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.