In this article we will see how we can get pixel padding of the line of line graph in the PyQtGraph module. PyQtGraph is a graphics and user interface library for Python that provides functionality commonly required in designing and science applications. Its primary goals are to provide fast, interactive graphics for displaying data (plots, video, etc.) A line chart or line plot or line graph or curve chart is a type of chart which displays information as a series of data points called ‘markers’ connected by straight line segments. It is a basic type of chart common in many fields. Line graph is created with the help of plot class in PyQtGraph. Pixel Padding is the size in pixels that this item may draw beyond the values returned by dataBounds().
We can create a plot window and create lines on it with the help of commands given below
# creating a pyqtgraph plot window plt = pg.plot() # ploting line in green color # with dot symbol as x, not a mandatory field line = plt.plot(x, y, pen='g', symbol='x', symbolPen='g', symbolBrush=0.2, name='green')
In order to do this we use
pixelPaddingmethod with the line object
Syntax : line.pixelPadding()
Argument : It takes no argument
Return : It returns float value
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQtGraph – Getting Pixel Padding of Graph Item
- PyQtGraph – Getting Pixel Padding of Spots in Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph – Getting Pixel Vectors of Bar Graph
- PyQtGraph –Getting Pixel Size of Scatter Plot Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting Pixel Size of Plot Window
- PyQtGraph - Getting Data Bounds of the Line in Line Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting Data of Line in Line Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting Name of Line in Line Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting Increased Inclination Angle of Line in Line Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting Scale Factor of Line in Line Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting X and Y Co-ordinates of Line in Line Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting Starting Co-ordinates of Line in Line Graph
- PyQtGraph - Getting Cursor of Line in Line Graph
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting Pixel ratio
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting Pixel ratio as floating value
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting Pixel Ratio Scale
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting pixel size
- Mahotas – Getting Infocusness of each pixel
- Python VLC MediaPlayer - Getting Size of it in Pixel
- PyQtGraph - Setting Symbol of Line in Line Graph
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.