PyQtGraph – Auto Adjust the size of Image View
In this article, we will see how we can auto adjust the size of the image view object in PyQTGraph. PyQtGraph is a graphics and user interface library for Python that provides functionality commonly required in designing and science applications. Its primary goals are to provide fast, interactive graphics for displaying data (plots, video, etc.). Widget used for display and analysis of image data. Implements many features like displaying 2D and 3D image data. For 3D data, a z-axis slider is displayed allowing the user to select which frame is displayed. Displays histogram of image data with a movable region defining the dark/light levels, editable gradient provides a color lookup table. Auto adjust property will resize the image view according to the content of it, the new size will be according to the size of the content.
We can create an image view with the help of the command given below
# creating a pyqtgraph image view object imv = pg.ImageView()
Syntax: ImageView(parent=None, name=’ImageView’, view=None, imageItem=None, levelMode=’mono’, *args)
- parent (QWidget): Specifies the parent widget to which this ImageView will belong. If None, then the ImageView is created with no parent.
- name (str): The name used to register both the internal ViewBox and the PlotItem used to display ROI data.
- view (ViewBox or PlotItem): If specified, this will be used as the display area that contains the displayed image.
- imageItem (ImageItem): If specified, this object will be used to display the image. Must be an instance of ImageItem or other compatible object.
- levelMode: specifies the *levelMode* argument
Returns: Object of class ImageView
In order to do this we use adjustSize() method with the image view object
Syntax : imv.adjustSize()
Argument : It takes no argument
Return : It returns None
Below is the implementation