In PyQt5, there are lots of widgets and while making an application we end up putting lots of widget. Sometimes, we can remember why this widget is used but not always, neither it seems a good practice. That’s why for back-end purposes, PyQt5 allows us to set help text. In this article, we will see how to set and access help text for label.
To set help text we use
setWhatsThis method –
Syntax : label.setWhatsThis(help_text)
Argument : It takes string as argument.
Action performed : This set the help text.
To access help text we use
whatsThis() method –
Syntax : label.whatsThis()
Argument : It takes no argument.
Return : Returns a string.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 - setWhatsThis() help text of Radio button
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Getting tool tip text of the label part
- PyQt5 – How to hide label | label.setHidden method
- PyQt5 – How to change size of the Label | label.resize method
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip to the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration to label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration of the label part
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is window type
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is widget type
- PyQt5 – Setting and accessing WHATS THIS help text for Status Bar
- PyQt5 – How to create and get the help text of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 - Setting help text of the combo box
- PyQt5 - Accessing help text of the combo box
- PyQt5 QCommandLinkButton - Setting Help Text
- PyQt5 QCommandLinkButton - Getting Help Text
- PyQt5 – How to change text of pre-existing label | setText method
- PyQt5 – How to align Text of Label
- PyQt5 – How to change font and size of Label text ?
- PyQt5 - Getting text of scrollable label
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Retrieving tooltip text
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.