In PyQt5 a toggle button is basically is the push button in a special state. Push button is a button when we press it do some task and get back to the normal state it is similar to key board key when we press it, it do some thing and when we release it, it comes back to its original form.
ToggleButton is a type of push button, but it has two states i.e on and off when we press it, it don’t comes back to the original state. Toggle button is similar to a electricity switch when we press it, it remains on and when we turn it off it remains in off position.
In order to create toggle button we have to do the following:
- Create a push button.
- Set checkable to True i.e if it get pressed it get checked and if it get pressed again it get unchecked similar to check box.
- Set calling method which get called when button is pressed.
- In calling method check if the button is checked or not.
- If button is checked change its color else set the default color to it.
Below is the implementation.
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Toggle characters in words having same case
- Python VLC MediaPlayer - Toggle Teletext
- PyQt5 – How to add action to a button ?
- PyQt5 – Block signals of push button
- PyQt5 – Set and access description of push button
- PyQt5 – Add image icon on a Push button
- PyQt5 – How to make a button with image ?
- PyQt5 – How to change the text of existing push button ?
- PyQt5 – Change size of Push Button
- PyQt5 – Hide push button on click
- PyQt5 – Change color of Push Button
- PyQt5 - How to create and get the name of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – Create translucent Push Button
- PyQt5 - Create circular Push Button
- PyQt5 – How to create and get the help text of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – Get geometry of the Push button
- PyQt5 – Adjust the size of push button according to the text
- PyQt5 – Set border to the Push button
- PyQt5 – Change the text font and size in Push button
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.