In this article we will see how we can set line edit to the combo box, line edit is the widget in pyqt5. A line edit allows the user to enter and edit a single line of plain text with a useful collection of editing functions, including undo and redo, cut and paste, and drag and drop.
In order to add line edit to the combo box we use
setLineEdit method, with this we can use line edit widget to enter the item in combo box even if it non editable state.
Syntax : combo_box.setLineEdit(line_edit)
Argument : It takes QLineEdit object as argument
Action performed : This will add line edit to the combo box
Below is the implementation –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 - Setting font to the item in line edit box of ComboBox
- PyQt5 - How to get line edit of ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Set skin to line edit part of combobox
- PyQt5 - Set skin to line edit part of non-editable combobox
- PyQt5 QDoubleSpinBox – Setting Line Edit to it
- PyQt5 – Setting font to line editbox item of non-editable ComboBox
- PyQt5 Combo Box – Different border width to line edit part
- PyQt5 QComboBox – Change border style of line edit part
- PyQt5 QSpinbox - How to add line edit object to it
- PyQt5 QSpinbox - Accessing the line edit object of it
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Adding background color to the line edit part
- PyQt5 QDoubleSpinBox – Getting Line Edit of it
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Date Edit (Pop-Up) Accept Delay Property
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Edit Focus Property
- PyQt5 QListWidget - Setting Edit Trigger Property
- PyQt5 - Setting current index in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Setting role to item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Setting current text in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Setting limit to number of items in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Setting maximum visible items in ComboBox