In this article we will see how we can set tool tip to a status bar. The tooltip or infotip or a hint is a common graphical user interface element. It is used in conjunction with a cursor, usually a pointer. The user hovers the pointer over an item, without clicking it, and a tooltip may appear—a small “hover box” with information about the item being hovered over.
In order to set this we will use
setToolTip method with status bar object.
Syntax : self.statusBar().setToolTip(data)
Argument : It takes string as argument.
Action performed : It sets tool tip to status bar.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 - Set tool tip duration to Status bar
- PyQt5 - Access tool tip data of Status Bar
- PyQt5 - Access tool tip duration of Status Bar
- PyQt5 – Progress Bar tool tip
- PyQt5 - Visibility status of Status Bar
- PyQtGraph – Getting Tool tip to Bar Graph
- PyQtGraph – Setting Tool tip to Bar Graph
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Setting status tip
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Accessing the status tip
- PyQt5 – Access tool tip duration of label | ToolTipDuration method
- PyQt5 - Setting tool tip to the Combo Box
- PyQt5 - Setting tool tip duration to the Combo Box
- PyQt5 - Accessing tool tip of the Combo Box
- PyQt5 - Accessing tool tip duration of the Combo Box
- PyQt5 - Setting tool tip to the view (drop-down) part of ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Setting tool tip duration to the view(drop-down) part of the ComboBox
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip to the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Getting tool tip text of the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.