PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration to label part
In this article we will see how we can set tooltip duration to the label part of scroll label, when know we can make scrollable label with the help of inheriting a scroll class and making label in it, but when we set tooltip to the class object tooltip is set to the whole widget i.e label and the scroll bar as well.
In order to add tooltip and its duration to the label part, we have to override the function of the object.
Steps for implementations –
1. Create a new class which inherits QScrollArea
2. Inside the class create vertical layout
3. Create a label and make it multi-line and add it to the layout
5. Over-ride the setText and text method for label
6. Over-ride setToolTip method and add tool tip to the label
7. Over-ride the setToolTipDuration method add duration the label
8. Create object of this class inside the main window class and setting text to it
9. Add tool tip to the object with the help of
10. Add tool tip duration to the object with the help of
Below is the implementation
This tool tip will disappear after 1000 millisecond