In this article we will see how we can get tool tip text of the label part of scroll label, when know we can make scrollable label with the help of inheriting a scroll class and making label in it, but when we set tool tip to the class object tooltip is set to the whole widget i.e label and the scroll bar as well. In order to add tool tip the label part only we have to override the functions of the object.
Steps for implementations –
1. Create a new class which inherits QScrollArea
2. Inside the class create vertical layout
3. Create a label and make it multi-line and add it to the layout
5. Over-ride the setText and text method for label
6. Over-ride setToolTip method to add tooltip to the label and toolTip method to get the tool tip
7. Create object of this class inside the main window class and setting text to it
8. Add tooltip to the object with the help of
9. Retrieve the tooltip text with the help of
10. Create another label to show the tooltip text
Below is the implementation
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration to label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip to the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration of the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 - Getting text of scrollable label
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Retrieving tooltip text
- PyQt5 - Scrollable Label
- PyQt5 – Access tool tip duration of label | ToolTipDuration method
- PyQt5 – How to change size of the Label | label.resize method
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is window type
- PyQt5 – How to hide label | label.setHidden method
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is widget type
- PyQt5 – How to align Text of Label
- PyQt5 – What's this help text for Label | setWhatsThis() method
- PyQt5 – How to change font and size of Label text ?
- PyQt5 QSpinbox - Dragging text from it and dropping it to Custom Label
- PyQt5 – How to change text of pre-existing label | setText method
- PyQt5 – How to add padding to a Label ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.