In this article we will see how we can check if the given area is allowed areas of the QDockWidget. QDockWidget provides the concept of dock widgets, also know as tool palettes or utility windows. Dock windows are secondary windows placed in the dock widget area around the central widget in a QMainWindow(original window). Dock can be moved anywhere in the main window, setting allowed areas where the dock widget may be placed it can be set with the help of
In order to do this we will use
isAreaAllowedmethod with the dock widget object.
Syntax : dock.isAreaAllowed(area)
Argument : It takes QDockWidgetArea object as argument
Return : It returns bool
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Allowed Area Changed Signal
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Checking Floating Property
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Checking if it has Vertical Title Bar
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Getting Allowed Areas
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Setting Allowed Areas
- PyQt5 - Checking if the duplicate values are allowed or not in ComboBox
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Checking if wrapping is allowed
- PyQt5 - QDockWidget
- PyQt5 QDockWidget - Setting Widget to it
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Getting its widget
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Setting Features of it
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Getting features from it
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Getting Feature change signal
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Setting Floating Property
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Setting Window Title Property
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Getting Window Title
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Window Title Changed Signal
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Dock Location Changed Signal
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Top Level Changed Signal
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Getting Frame Size
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.