PyQt5 QCalendarWidget – Setting Move Event
In this article we will see how we can implement the move event of QCalendarWidget. This event handler can be reimplemented in a subclass to receive calendar move events which are passed in the event parameter. When the calendar receives this event, it is already at the new position.
Below is the code for the Calendar class
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
# QCalendarWidget Class class Calendar(QCalendarWidget): # constructor def __init__(self, parent=None): super(Calendar, self).__init__(parent) self.setMouseTracking(True) # override the move event def moveEvent(self, event): print("Calendar Moved")
1. Create a Calendar class that inherits the QCalendarWidget
2. Inside the Calendar class override the moveEvent and inside the event print the text
3. Create a main window class
4. Create a Calendar object inside the main window
5. Set various properties to the calendar
Below is the implementation