PyQt5 QCalendarWidget – Setting Leave Event
In this article we will see how we can implement the leave event for the QCalendarWidget. A leave event is sent to the calendar when the mouse cursor leaves the calendar. This event handler can be reimplemented in a subclass to receive calendar leave events which are passed in the event parameter.
Below is the Calendar class code
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
# QCalendarWidget Class class Calendar(QCalendarWidget): # constructor def __init__(self, parent=None): super(Calendar, self).__init__(parent) # overriding the leave event def leaveEvent(self, event): # setting to the text to the label window.label.setText("Leave Event Take place")
1. Create a Calendar class that inherits the QCalendarWidget
2. Inside the Calendar class override the leaveEvent and inside the event set the text to the label
3. Create a main window class
4. Create a Calendar object inside the main window
5. Set various properties to the calendar
Below is the implementation