PyQt5 QCalendarWidget – Setting Change Event
In this article we will see how we can implement the change event for the QCalendarWidget. This event handler can be reimplemented to handle state changes. The state being changed in this event can be retrieved through the event supplied. State change can be the layout direction, language change etc.
Below is the Calendar class code
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
# QCalendarWidget Class class Calendar(QCalendarWidget): # constructor def __init__(self, parent=None): super(Calendar, self).__init__(parent) # overriding the changeEvent method def changeEvent(self, event): # setting text to the label print("Change Event Called")
1. Create a Calendar class that inherits the QCalendarWidget
2. Inside the Calendar class override the changeEvent and inside the event print the text
3. Create a main window class
4. Create a Calendar object inside the main window
5. Set various properties to the calendar
6. Change the direction of the calendar
Below is the implementation
Change Event Called