In this article we will see how we can kill the timer of the QCalendarWidget. In order to start the timer we use
startTimer method, this method calls the timerEvent after the certain interval is passed. It starts a timer and returns a timer identifier, or returns zero if it could not start a timer.
In order to do this we will use
killTimermethod with the QCalendarWidget object.
Syntax : calendar.killTimer(timer_id)
Argument : It takes integer as argument i.e timer ID
Return : It return None
Implementation Steps : :
1. Create a Calendar class that inherits the QCalendarWidget
2. Inside the Calendar class override the timerEvent and inside the event show the next month of calendar
3. Create a main window class
4. Create a Calendar object inside the main window
5. Set various properties to the calendar
6. Create a push button
7. Add action tot he push button, inside the action kill the timer
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course