QActionGroup : In PyQt5 applications many common commands can be invoked via menus, toolbar buttons, and keyboard shortcuts, since the user expects each command to be performed in the same way, regardless of the user interface used, QAction is useful to represent each command as an action. In some situations it is useful to group QAction objects together, so that user can only select(check) only one QAction at a time just like radio buttons. Also in order to videw the effect og action group the action added to it should be checkable.
Below is how an actions in action group will look inside the menu
action_group = QActionGroup()
This action_group is used by adding those QAction which should lie in same group, they can be added with the help of
addAction method. Below are the some frequently used commands with the QAction
addAction : To add QAction to it setEnabled : To make QActionGroup enable or disable setExclusionPolicy : To set exclusion policy to the action group checkedAction : It returns the currently checked action removeAction : To remove the specific QAction from the group actions : It returns the list of QAction group is having
In this we will create a menu bar which will have a menu, and having multiple checkable QAction, below is the implementation
In this we will create a tool bar having multiple QAction which are dived by two action group, below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 - Bbackground image to lineedit part of ComboBox when mouse hover
- PyQt5 - Background image to lineedit part of non-editable ComboBox when mouse hover
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Setting object name
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Showing it on lower level
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Border to the tool buttons
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Clicked signal
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Removing memory reference
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Border to the months menu
- PyQt5 - Getting the role of selected item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 ComboBox - User entered items store at top
- PyQt5 ComboBox – User entered items not stored in drop down menu
- PyQt5 - How make duplicates insertions in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Checking if the duplicate values are allowed or not in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - How know the insertion policy of the ComboBox
- PyQt5 – How to hide label | label.setHidden method
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Ensuring Polished
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting depth
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting Pixel ratio
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting System Identifier
- PyQt5 QLabel - Checking if the opacity effect is window type
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.