In PyQt5, there is an option to set tool tip using
setToolTip() method, The tooltip or infotip or a hint is a common graphical user interface element. It is used in conjunction with a cursor, usually a pointer. The user hovers the pointer over an item, without clicking it, and a tooltip may appear as a small “hover box” with information about the item being hovered over.
By default, there is no time limit for tool tip i.e for how much time tip should appear. In this article, we will see how to set tool tip duration for a label. In order to do this we will use
Syntax : label.setToolTipDuration(ms)
Argument : It takes integer as argument, which refer to miliseconds.
Action performed : It sets the time duration for label tool tip.
- PyQt5 – Get tooltip data of label | toolTip() method
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration to label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration of the label part
- PyQt5 - How to set RadioButton tooltip duration
- PyQt5 – RadioButton ToolTip duration
- PyQt5 - Access tooltip duration to view(drop-down) of ComboBox
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Retrieving tooltip text
- PyQt5 – Access tool tip duration of label | ToolTipDuration method
- PyQt5 – How to hide label | label.setHidden method
- PyQt5 – How to change size of the Label | label.resize method
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip to the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Getting tool tip text of the label part
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is window type
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is widget type
- PyQt5 - Accessing Radio button tooltip content
- PyQt5 - Radio button tooltip
- PyQt5 - Access tooltip of view(drop-down) of ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Setting different toolTip to different item of ComboBox
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.