In this article we will see how to make a simple PyQt5 application to get the IP address
IP Address : An Internet Protocol address is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two main functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
Steps for implementation :
1. Create a window
2. Create push button and set its geometry
3. Create label and set its geometry, border and alignment
4. Add action to the push button i.e when button get pressed action method should get called
5. Inside the action method with the help of requests to fetch the data
6. Filter the data to the get the IP address
7. Show IP address on the screen with the help of label
Below is the implementation
- Timer Application using PyQt5
- PyQt5 - Application to get the price of BitCoin
- PyQt5 - Create Paint Application
- Building QR Code Generator Application using PyQt5
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- Address Calculation Sort using Hashing
- Display Hostname and IP address in Python
- Python program to validate an IP Address
- Python program to find IP Address
- Extract IP address from file using Python
- Check if email address valid or not in Python
- Python | Remove leading zeros from an IP address
- Python script to get device vendor name from MAC Address
- Python program to find if two IP Address belongs to Same or Different Network
- Python script to change MAC address of Linux machine
- Python program to determine if the given IP Address is Public or Private using ipaddress module
- Python program to determine if the given IPv4 Address is reserved using ipaddress module
- divmod() in Python and its application
- Python3 for GUI application | An Overview
- isprintable() in Python and its application
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.