In this article we will see how to make a simple PyQt5 application to get the IP address
IP Address : An Internet Protocol address is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two main functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
Steps for implementation :
1. Create a window
2. Create push button and set its geometry
3. Create label and set its geometry, border and alignment
4. Add action to the push button i.e when button get pressed action method should get called
5. Inside the action method with the help of requests to fetch the data
6. Filter the data to the get the IP address
7. Show IP address on the screen with the help of label
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.