In this article we will see how to make a simple PyQt5 application to get the IP address
IP Address : An Internet Protocol address is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two main functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
Steps for implementation :
1. Create a window
2. Create push button and set its geometry
3. Create label and set its geometry, border and alignment
4. Add action to the push button i.e when button get pressed action method should get called
5. Inside the action method with the help of requests to fetch the data
6. Filter the data to the get the IP address
7. Show IP address on the screen with the help of label
Below is the implementation
- Build a GUI Application to Get Live Stock Price using Python
- Build a GUI Application to get distance between two places using Python
- Build an GUI Application to Get Live Air Quality Information Using Python.
- Application to get address details from zip code Using Python
- Python3 for GUI application | An Overview
- Python | ToDo GUI Application using Tkinter
- Hierarchical treeview in Python GUI application
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- GUI chat application using Tkinter in Python
- Login Application and Validating info using Kivy GUI and Pandas in Python
- GUI Application for Live Cricket scoreboard Using Python
- GUI application to search a country name from a given state or city name using Python
- Create a GUI to Get Domain Information Using Tkinter
- Create a GUI to get Sunset and Sunrise time using Python.
- PyQt5 - Application to get the price of BitCoin
- Build an Application to Search Installed Application using Python
- Python script to get device vendor name from MAC Address
- Application to get live USD/INR rate Using Python
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.