In this article we will see how we can get the content of item at specific index in the combo box. In order to do this we will use the
Syntax : combo_box.itemText(index)
Argument : It takes integer as argument
Return : It return string i.e content of item
Steps for implementation –
1. Create a combo box
2. Add items to combo box
3. Create push button
4. Add action to the push button
5. Create label to show content
5. Inside the action get the content of specific index in combo box with the help of itemIndex method and store it in variable
6. Show the content in label with the help of setText method.
Below is the implementation –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 - Change the item at specific index in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Getting the current index of selected item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Set minimum content length to ComboBox item
- PyQt5 - Adding item at given index in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Getting the role of selected item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Getting the text of selected item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Getting minimum content length to Combo Box item | minimumContentsLength() method
- PyQt5 - Setting role to item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - How to add an item to the ComboBox ?
- PyQt5 - Accessing role of item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Finding the item through text in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Finding item through their role in comboBox
- PyQt5 - Get the icon of desired item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Get the icon size of item icon in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Set icon size of item icon in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - How to set icon to the each item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - How to add separator in between the item of ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Increase size of separator in between the item of ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Add multiple separator in between item of ComboBox
- PyQt5 - How to get item delegate in ComboBox
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.