In this article we will see how to get the size of push button. There basically two ways to get the size of push button. Let’s see both of them with examples.
Method 1: By using
This method will return the
QSize object which will tell the width and height of the push button.
Syntax : button.size()
Argument : It takes no argument.
Return : It returns QSize object.
Method 2: By using
These method will return the
QRect object which will tell the width and height of the push button as well as the position of push button.
Syntax :button.geometry() button.rect()
Argument : Both takes no argument.
Return : Both returns QRect object.
PyQt5.QtCore.QRect(200, 150, 150, 40) PyQt5.QtCore.QRect(0, 0, 150, 40)
Note : Both
rect method gives same result for size but the location will be different.
geometry will give location with respect to main window and
rect method will give location with respect to it self.
- PyQt5 – Change size of Push Button
- PyQt5 – Adjust the size of push button according to the text
- PyQt5 – Change the text font and size in Push button
- PyQt5 - How to create and get the name of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – How to create and get the help text of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – Get geometry of the Push button
- PyQt5 | How to get the text of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – Block signals of push button
- PyQt5 – Set and access description of push button
- PyQt5 – Add image icon on a Push button
- PyQt5 – How to change the text of existing push button ?
- PyQt5 – Hide push button on click
- PyQt5 – Change color of Push Button
- PyQt5 – Create translucent Push Button
- PyQt5 - Create circular Push Button
- PyQt5 – Set border to the Push button
- PyQt5 | How to create colorful border of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 | Setting visible priority to push button
- PyQt5 | How to adjust the image inside Push Button ?
- PyQt5 | How to create capsule shaped push button ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.