PyQt5 – Digital StopWatch
In this article we will see how we can create a stop watch using Python GUI – PyQt5.
A stopwatch is a handheld timepiece designed to measure the amount of time that elapses between its activation and deactivation. A large digital version of a stopwatch designed for viewing at a distance, as in a sports stadium, is called a Stopclock.
Steps to create a stop watch –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
1. Create a counter which signify the seconds
2. Create flag to know when to start and when to pause, set it to False
3. Create label to show seconds
4. Create three push button for starting the stop watch pausing the stop watch and for re-setting the stop watch
5. Add action to each push button.
6. Inside start push button action make flag to true
7. Inside pause push button action make flag to false
8. Inside reset push button action make flag to false and make the counter value to 0
9. Create QTimer object which calls a method after every 100 millisecond i.e 10th part of second
10. Inside QTimer object method check for the flag status if it is true increment the counter
11. Show the counter value through label using setText method.
Below is the implementation –