In this article we will see how to create a digital clock using PyQt5, this digital clock will basically tells the current time in the 24 hour format.
In order to create a digital clock we have to do the following:
1. Create a vertical layout
2. Create label to show the current time and put it in the layout and align it to the center.
3. Create a QTimer object
4. Add action to the QTimer object such that after every 1sec action method get called.
5. Inside the action method get the current time and show that time with the help of label.
Below is the implementation –
- Python | Create a digital clock using Tkinter
- Create digital clock using Python-Turtle
- Create Analog Clock using PyQt5 in Python
- Python | Create a stopwatch using clock object in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Create a stopwatch Using Clock Object in kivy
- Python | time.clock() method
- Draw Clock Design using Turtle in Python
- PyQt5 – Digital StopWatch
- wxPython - Create Radio Button using Create() function
- wxPython - Create Static Box using Create() method
- How to create Label widget in PyQt5 ?
- PyQt5 – How to create circle Label ?
- PyQt5 - How to create semi transparent window ?
- PyQt5 – How to create circular image from any image ?
- PyQt5 – How to create Label with multicolor border ?
- PyQt5 – How to create dashed border of Label ?
- PyQt5 – Create multi-color border of StatusBar
- PyQt5 – Create dashed border of status bar
- PyQt5 - How to create and get the name of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – Create translucent Push Button
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.